Greg Moss has decided to add more value to the club by becoming Vice President. Greg has a long history with the club, has been a Patrol Captain and held various committee positions for many years. For the beginning of this season he took on the Treasurer role but decided that was not his forte. The club is very happy to retain Greg's knowledge and enthusiasm through his role as Vice President.
The Committee is similarly please to announce that Glen O'Brien has agreed to step into the Treasurers role for the remainder of this season. Glen has many years experience as an Accountant and Tax Auditor. Adding Glens' skills and knowledge to the Committee is a great bonus for the club.
New Nippers Shed
W-ow! After months of pursuing the Hastings Council and Crown Lands Ando has secured Crown Lands support to build a NEW NIPPERS SHED!! The shed will be a separate construction to the existing club house. It will be the width of a three door garage and is hoped to be built before the end of this season. The DA needs to be submitted to Council, however with the Crown Lands endorsement it is not expected to be a problem.
For the Senior Club this means a lot of Nippers equipment will be moved out of the main shed freeing up desperately needed space in the main shed to more appropriately store the Patrol Equipment and generally create a safer space.
Work around the club
A few blokes have been busy doing repairs around the club:
- Adam & Craig (Windsor) are closing the roller door gaps
- Craig (Windsor) has found a solution for inflating the IRB. We can now get the IRB on the beach in a flash - if the tractor works. We are now seeking funding through a Grant to purchase an ATV to help out old Fergie.
- The carpet go an impromptu clean during the bad weather - actually, it was saturated and industrial blowers were brought in to dry it out.
- The pest eliminators have been brought in to eliminate and remaining rats!
- The stove top (accidentially broken) is on track for being fixed.
Sponsorships & Donations
- LUSC have provided funding to allow the club to buy one brand new rescue board - it's been ordered.
- North Haven Bowling Club has provided funding to allow the club to buy one new rescue board.
- The North Haven Board riders Assoc has donated $500.
- First National North Haven has donated a number of big plastic tubs which has helped us run the handing out and collecting of the high viz rashies with more precision and less searching through plastic bags trying to find the right size!
- North Haven Public School ran a Boardshorts Day on March 1 and donated all dollars collected to the CHSLSC. A big thanks to the teachers, the kids, the families and community members who contributed on the day.
- The Nippers sponsors - Top End Fruit & Veg, Laurieton Bakery & Wiggly Tail continue to supply the Nipper BBQ's.
What's Coming Up
- NRL at the Surf Club from 7.30pm Friday 8th March
- Monthly drinks from 4.30pm Friday 15th March (byo dinner, movies for the kids)
- Nippers on Sunday 3rd, and the final Nippers on Sunday 17th.
- Nippers presentation will follow the Nippers session on Sunday 17th so plan to hang around for a bit longer then normal.
- Next club meeting Thursday 14th March from 6.30pm
- Clean Up Australia Day from 11am Sunday March 3 (at the end Nippers. BYO gloves.)